Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Paige

My 24th birthday was an interesting night for me. But before I can explain what exactly happened and why shit went down the way it did for both Natasha and the other girl named Paige, I need to tell you the story about Paige...

Paige has long dark brown hair that she usually wears down. Her fashion mostly consists of tight tank tops and black tights as pants. She's covered with tattoos and has a fair bit of piercings here and there. Paige isn't the most hottest girl, but she's still amazingly pretty. She wouldn't have trouble talking to guys when she goes out. The trouble is that even though she knows this, she finds it trouble finding an initial connection with the guys.

The story of Paige starts back June last year. Exactly the weekend after me and Kayla had broken up. Obviously this was a different Chase we're talking about here. So many mixed emotions; upset that it ended, happy that I'm free to do my own thing, the need and want for something more, wanting to forget and everything in between. I had just starting seeing again my close friend from my old high school, Pamela. She invited me to come out that weekend because it was her boyfriend's sister's birthday. Well, I was going to see Pamela anyways because it had been a regular thing anyways for the last few Saturdays. So on her twenty-third birthday, I got introduced to this girl named Paige.
Over the last few Saturdays, Pamela and her friends had been going to this bar nightclub called Persuasion. It was expected that we'd go there every Saturday, so for Paige's birthday, that's where we all went. We all got there and we all went straight to the smoking room. I started talking to one of Pamela's boyfriends close friend
, Glenn. I had similar interests in video games with him. We talked about the many games we grew up with, like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. It wasn't too long that Paige joined into the conversation, asking "Oh my God. Who do you use in Mortal Kombat?". I responded with Sub Zero, I was not only shocked that a girl like her would ask that exact question but also the fact she uses the same character as me. Eventually not too long after that it was only me and Paige talking. We started talking about everything, but mostly teasing each other about the smallest things about her other and laughing about them. Mainly talking about Star Wars and Star Trek, which she was defending Star Trek. This went on for the rest of the night.
This flowed through to the next Saturday night where the exact same thing happened, though this time around she had added me onto Facebook and we had fun posting upon each other's walls.

With the huge rapport that me and Paige had, it wasn't too long that we had started to message each other frequently. I found myself constantly on my phone at work and home messaging her. At the time, the last Harry Potter film came about. I was on the phone with my other best friend, Link (His actual name is Lincon, but as a kid, they referred to him as Link as the Zelda game were really popular at the time). He told me that he was going to see it with his girlfriend and asked me if I wanted to come, I didn't want to see it but Kayla had dragged me to see every other film except the last. So I was forced to watch it to at least find out what happened in the end. Link mentioned that he was going to spend a little more and go see it in the fancy cinemas, which meant they're were all in double seating. I had not thought about it but I was going to see it but it'd be still sitting by myself. I thought about it and asked Paige if she wanted to come. She said yes.
We went to see the film but because of our type of friendship, we ended up not watching the film but ended up play fighting the other time. We weren't watching the film but throwing chocolate at each other. Afterwards I dropped off home both Link and his girlfriend home, I then turned to Paige and asked her if she was hungry. She didn't mind. I took her to a twenty-four hour pancake place. We talked all the way to two in the morning.
We left and we got to my car. I lent over her. Smiling and playing around with her. I was trying to go for the kiss, but she put a wall between her and me, preventing me to do anything. I gave in not too long after that, embarrassed but didn't show it.
Paige and my friendship grew further as we started going out to grab something to eat and going to football games with each other. She even sent me a half naked photo of herself. I thought there was going to be something more. But something happened. Suddenly there we're holes in the stories she told me and things started to slow down between us.

Circle of Death, it's a drinking card game that every time I play it something evil happens. For example, the time I got introduced to this game and when I first played it, I had passed out within the first hour and found myself somewhere two cities away within the next hour when I woke up. I had also no underwear. The second time, this time when I passed out and awoke the next hour, everyone was naked but me. Freaked out, I ran out of the house. The third time involved me half naked with me being stripped down to my underwear and my pants down to my ankles. Not sure how to explain that one to all my friends who saw a picture of me passed out like that. The forth involved a threesome with Paige, another girl... and Glenn.
Though the many times Paige had denied it to my face, that was it...

I had became closer friends to Glenn and later he would confirm it. Being close friends with Glenn was hard when Paige and him became unofficially together. I came to except it without thinking and much time. I didn't need all these lies and games. Paige didn't hurt me because she didn't want me at all, she expressed it. Paige's story has more dept to it, but I shouldn't bother. Paige isn't the type of girl I should be chasing at all.

I really wanted the story to end there. But life never plans out the way you want it be sometimes, I see still her and each time I see her it's always messy. 
I really wanted the story to end there.

No comments:

Post a Comment