Monday, August 20, 2012

Trivial

It’s been awhile since I've written here, mainly because nothing really has happened since. Not even my birthday was not worth mentioning.

I’m not joking when I say nothing has been happening, there is a few reasons why. One of those reasons is because I'm not doing anything anymore. Not sure why, but I seemed to make excuses not do anything; I don’t have any money, I need to study, I don’t think I have a ride back home, I can’t be fucked, and so on. But these reasons are nothing, most of them are what they are: just excuses. I have been starting to feel that I am going downhill with myself. So because of that I had decided that I would stop saying "no" and start doing things. Anything.
One of the first people who I told this to was my close friend Lei, this led her to invite me to her social weekly trivia night. I’ve been going to these nights even though I don’t much as in helping out answer trivia questions but it serves as a good social. This has been going on for a few weeks now.

Last Wednesday happened to be one of the trivia goers’ birthday, the day which trivia night lies upon. Knowing that it was one of Kayla’s good friends that it happened to be the birthday girl, I knew was going to see Kayla. Since I haven’t said “no” to go to trivia since I started going, the only way I was to not see Kayla was to say “no”… but I wasn’t going to break everything just because of Kayla.
So despite the situation my promise to myself got me into, I decided just to go visit Kayla anyways. I headed over to Kayla’s just after leaving  Lei’s house since she lives just around the corner from her.
It was seven at night, though Kayla was surprised to see me. She was in her gym clothes as she just came back from the gym. It was good timing as she was in the process of moving furniture, so I guess it was a good thing that I dropped by. After moving everything except for her bed, we sat in an empty room and caught up on what had happened with us over the last few weeks we hadn’t seen each other.

Trivia night came two nights later and a couple of issues had came about. The night was planned that Kayla and her best friend, Cassie, were to come with Lei. It was Lei who was going to drive them up along with the birthday girl, but that changed quickly. It was something about Kayla having to drive because there wasn’t enough people to fit in the car. Because the plan had changed without Kayla and Cassie knowing, also for them to end up with the short end of the stick, this angered the both of them. I knew that shit would have been worst if I hadn’t decided to drive the two girls up. The night didn’t turn out that well for the two in the end, grumpy and bitching all the way home, I drove the two back to Kayla’s house. Once we got there, Cassie said her byes and drove home. For me, I asked Kayla if I could come in and use her toilet to pee.

By the time I came out I saw that Kayla had already changed into her sleepwear and night gown. She was about to say bye but I asked her for a second to talk. The both of us walked over to mattress, it was on her ground as her bed was dissembled. We both sat on her mattress cross legged and we talked in the darkness. We whispered throughout the conversation. We talked about the night, Lei and the current state of us. Though it wasn’t the best topics and at one point Kayla teared up, but in the end, sitting in the darkness we had a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment