Sunday, July 1, 2012

Pilot


My name is Chase Raine. I'm a 24 year old psycho-therapist in training. I thought I'd start a blog because all my friends tell me that every time I tell a story, I tell a story. It was not too ago that hit me when my best friend's girlfriend took a stop watch just to time me how long the story went for. If I took that long just to tell a story, in every detail, I might as well have written a paperback novel. But I won't. I don't have the skills, the resources and the time to construct the said story. Another reason is that my love story has not finished yet. I'm only in the middle of all this mess at the moment. Who knows how long it will be or what kind of story it will end up being. The whole mystery to the whole thing to myself alone was enough to start this blog.

My biggest inspiration for this whole thing is the CBS show "How I Met Your Mother". The central character is Ted Mosby, who tell his kids the tale of how he met his love of his life and the mother of his children. Everything that Ted goes through, I feel that it is similar to my experiences. From Ted's dates, to the problems with Exs, to the depression of finding someone, to the fact he's a complete dork. Another thing we share in common is that Ted and I both tell a long story.

It's funny, a guy like me, a psycho-therapist in training wouldn't be the type of person who would be depressed and lovey-dovey in all this. But to be honest, it's not that bad of a thing. My experiences helps me see upon to others, to the fact I know hurt. As a 
psycho-therapist though, that is a different story all together.

I want to document my story because it's not only me that finds my journey into finding the girl of my dreams exciting, there are a handful of my friends who tune in every time to hear the next episodic ordeals of my version of How I Met Your Mother.
There isn't much to say other than that. The only other thing is that this love story has began nearly six to seven years ago, pretty much it could be even stretched to twelve years due to minor details. But I don't want to waste my whole time here trying to dig up the past, it's not worth it. Instead I'll give a small summary of how the process came upon to this point.

My name is Chase... and this is my love story.

No comments:

Post a Comment