Thursday, September 20, 2012

Amy


Of course, that wasn't the whole story.

I went to a wedding last Saturday and I was determined to make an impression. This was my "A-Game" and  I knew that this combined with a couple of drinks boosting my confidence would land me somewhere. It did. She goes by the name of Amy... and she's a lesbian.

We were all in the reception front floor straight after the wedding. It was a small room but we were all mingling with our groups in our own area. It stood by with my usual friends, including Riker, Natalie, Micheal and Samantha. We joked and took photos. As this was happening I was scouting around for anyone who wasn't at the wedding, maybe someone else. My attention pointed towards Sara and her group, she was with my other good friend Leda. I knew Leda from a friend given that she loves the same things that I do, like Xbox. Her red hair and amazing body was easy to spot. I noticed Max and Mandy, but no one else. The whole group consisted of a handful of people, they were all the same age bracket. They were mingling in their own group next to mine. My eye was caught across a blonde girl in a sleek black dress. Our eyes caught each other. But I made nothing of it and continued to have fun with the others. It was interesting because I happened one or more times. By this point, I nudged Riker and told him to check her out. He wasn't too fond and we continued on with our conversation.
I looked down to my glass and saw that I was empty on my second beer. I had my first, but I stole my second from Micheal. He was driving, so he didn't mind. But I was stuck now with nothing. Not too long after that, a guy walked up to me with a bottle of beer offering me for him to top up my glass. Excited, I held out my glass. I smiled and told him that I loved him. It was the blonde who spoke out and told me that I shouldn't really say that out aloud. I smiled. Though in my head I was shocked out to where she had moved to exactly behind my group without me noticing.

People started walk towards the next room not too long after that. I walked though the next room and found my place next to Riker. I could see where Leda, Sara and the blonde girl was sitting. I was sitting in the direction of where they were sitting, the table next.
The night progressed and I could see Leda pulled out her phone. She looked bored. I head over to sit on Mandy's empty chair. I have never really had any chance to speak to her at all in my life. I could at least be her good friend for the night. Though as I walked towards Mandy's chair, I noticed this blonde girl eye me off. She watched me pass her by and sit at a chair on her table. Before I really got to say hi to Leda, the blonde grabbed my attention to introduce herself. She pulled out her hand to me and said "Hi, I'm Amy". I gave her a smile back, I reached out to her hand and kissed it like a gentleman and told her my name. I have no idea why I did that or what exactly I did, all I know I was pretty drunk at this point already.

There was another moment where the whole table had left except Amy. I jumped to that opportunity but it was long until her friend had to return to her seat. The keyword though as I left was that I had taken her "girlfriend's" seat. I wasn't too sure what she had meant by that. Maybe it was just a term that she had used to call her bff. But the signs after the next had proven otherwise. She was taken, so there was no point. She played with my mind the whole night. Who was this girl?
As she left, I said my goodbyes and she left me with a teaser stating that I will see her definitely soon enough. To this day, I still don't understand what she had meant by that. And I can't stop thinking about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment